Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Virtuous Woman

I'm not a perfect person... I never claimed to be; however, I try to follow Christ to the best of my ability. I don't have one friend around here who knows me beyond what only they can perceive, as of right now. I don't have a friend that can truly speak on my accord and I intend on keeping everything to myself. There isn't one person on this campus that can properly assess my character. People that I know to be friends are indeed friends, but they haven't searched my heart and have no right to say they know my heart.

My heart's intention is to follow Christ 100%. Through thick and thin I will follow Him and His will. I'm now content, once again, with being a single minister for the cause of Christ. My contentment is found in Christ alone and not in man. I've been trying to seek hope from man when it should have been from God. If I ever were to give up my plans to be a single minister, the qualifications for my future wife would be quite a bit. You may ask me why I demand so much but I believe God wants the best for all of us. I believe that I should settle for only the best because that is who exactly I would need to be a part of my life in this call that I have. I recently came across this...

The story of the martyrdom of Peter and his wife is found
in the pages of The History of the Church, written by Eusebius,
a bishop in the Holy Land during the first decades of the 300s.
In it he quotes from a much earlier source, Miscellanies (Book
VII), written by Clement of Alexandria (circa A.D. 150–215).

This work describes how Peter’s wife suffered martyrdom just
before him:
We are told that when blessed Peter saw his
wife led away to death, he was glad that her
call had come and that she was returning
home, and spoke to her in the most encouraging
and comforting way, addressing her by
name:“My dear, remember the Lord.” Such was
the marriage of the blessed, and their consummate
feeling towards their dearest.

St. Peter's wife died on a cross, crucified for her beliefs. Any girl here reading this, you want a Godly guy? This is your goal. Be so faithful and trusting to the Lord that you would take crucifixion for His name's sake. Glorify your God sooo much that your future husband would be in awe of your faith. This is the kind of wife I want. A selfless, humble, woman of Christ searching His heart daily. Unfortunately, in this world today, we don't see this much anymore... and it's a shame.

I will be the first to admit when I'm wrong and have sinned and fallen short. I will cherish my future wife as a treasure above no other. I will never hit her or make her feel less then what she is-- a glorious created woman in Christ. I would be HAPPY to wash the dishes, fold the laundry, cook, clean, etc. for my wife. She will be my blessing and love through Christ. I'll never feed her with lies and always walk beside her to lift her up. I will expect her to be more then just a "Pastor's Wife" but a working woman in Christ. I would LOVE to sacrifice my time to take care of our children. I would be content for her to never have to wear make-up, never have to dress-up, and never have to over act who she really is-- herself... a woman seeking God every single day.

A woman who beams the gloriousness of Christ from the inside can only project a love that I can find appealing. It may not matter if she feels she may be too ugly, too fat, too dumb, etc. As long as she's that kind of faithful servant, I would give anything and everything I had to find her.

As of right now, I'm a single minister following my Lord's heart. I'm a nobody, trying to tell someone about Somebody who can change their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment